Mauldin Christian Academy, formerly known as Church Weekday Education, opened its doors in 1968 with a 4 year old preschool class and two 5 year old preschool classes. Between 1970 and 1973 classes for 2 year olds, 3 year olds and a Mother’s Morning Out program were added. Eventually the center saw the need for a late stay program and in 1987, added its first all day daycare classes. Afterschool care for local elementary students was added in the late 1990s.
Over the years the K5 program has come and gone depending on the needs of the community. In 2008, the decision was made to commit to having a permanent K5 program and to add a 1st grade class the following year. In December 2009, both the Center and the Church felt God leading us to expand our current elementary school program through 5th grade by adding a grade each year through 2014-2015. The Church voted and approved the expansion and in the Spring of 2010, we officially became Mauldin Christian Academy.
Currently, we have two classes per grade from K5 to 5th grade. We have met our anticipated growth as an Academy and operate at full capacity in our Full-time Daycare, Morning Only Preschool, and most grades in the Elementary.
God has blessed our Academy in so many ways and we look forward to seeing where our Lord takes our school in the future.
At Mauldin Christian Academy we use the Abeka curriculum as well as other resources that provide a solid academic foundation for our students. We take a phonetic approach to teaching students to read with an emphasis on expression, fluency, and comprehension.
Our traditional approach to education includes history with a patriotic focus, science with hands on labs, classic literature, and poetry, challenging non-common core mathematics, and Bible lessons that encourage students to pursue a relationship with God. Our students are encouraged and given opportunities to advance in their critical thinking skills and learn in an environment that encourages questions.
The school day includes biblical integration in all subjects as well as in leading our students in how to be Godly examples to others, patriotic citizens, and world changers.
In the classroom, students will have opportunities to grow and take on new challenges in a safe environment where trying new things isn’t intimidating and students will learn how to use critical thinking skills to solve problems in the classroom and then apply it to our bigger world.
Research demonstrates that students who have a routine and a structured environment are better learners. Our teachers will provide routine and structure in the classroom that not only recognizes the student’s developmental age but also honors God in how He intended us to process information. Because we know God created us with different learning styles, we will also provide opportunities in the classroom for visual, auditory, tactile, and kinesthetic learning.
Overall, our curriculum is created with God’s plan for the learner in mind and it is an honor to love and lead our students at Mauldin Christian Academy.
MCA Statement of Faith
As a Christian educational organization and a ministry of Mauldin First Baptist Church, Mauldin Christian Academy (MCA), embraces the Old and New Testament, and believe they are inspired by God and are of supreme and final authority in faith, standards of education, and our guide for all areas of living. (Isaiah 40:8; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the ultimate authority in our lives. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His death on the cross (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), and His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of renewal by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that we are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe that the teachings of Jesus of walking humbly, dealing scripturally with offenses, and living in harmony with others is clearly outlined in scriptures. (Matthew 18)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells the Christian and enables them to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as established in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26–27)